May 04 - Nov 04
To design and develop a desktop charger for a hand-held medical
device, for use in doctor's surgery.
- Project Leader;
- In partnership with client, conduct initial scoping and research
to define the product and generate a focussed brief.
- Plan workload, calculate costs and write proposal;
- Manage ongoing relationship with client;
- Carry out concept generation, technical development and all
Pro/E work required to deliver final data to client.
- Investigation of product environment, and exploration of multiple
scenarios of use;
- Produce clear definition of technical requirements, and develop
thorough understanding of meter for which the charger is to
- Create and develop concepts, liaise with various technical
departments within client company, and manage interim meetings
with client by conference call, to ensure full buy-in.
- Once the final design had been selected, use Pro/E to develop
- Issue final data to client and ongoing liaison to ensure efficient
transfer to manufacture.
- Selected design currently undergoing approvals to be brought
to market some time early in 2005.
- Project delivered on-time, three thousand pounds under budget.