Dec 00 - Mar 01
To develop Healthscape 2015, a futures project based around
the evolution of healthcare in the next ten years.
- Man management, time management, self-starting, mentoring
of younger staff, teamwork;
- Press handling skills and confidence, public speaking;
- Management of large-scale projects with big teams.
Project Manager: run project, define deliverables, timescales
and activity streams.
- Began with extensive demographic and sociological research.
Trends in disease, lifestyle, technology and demographics were
- Comprehensive picture of the world in 2015 assembled.
- Four key business strategies were defined for emerging healthcare
- We then matched these business models to four emerging conditions
and four projected new consumers;
- Their needs were defined and addressed, taking advantage of
technological trends retail models and treatment concepts.
- Effectively, a complex model for the evolution of healthcare
delivery was illustrated through four product examples based
on different business models, points of access, condition, classes
of product and types of consumers.
- This project is now a key part of the Pearson Matthews futures
portfolio and business development toolkit;
- I delivered to the APGDI Parliamentary Group;
- Attracted interest from companies as diverse as GSK and NASA!