Mar 02 - Sept 02
To bring a brand-focussed packaging concept into production.
- Client liaison, presentation skills, effective review meeting
- Technical development, engineering liaison, initiation of
manufacturing process, supplier/tool-maker liaison.
- A broad range of concepts had already been developed by the
time I joined the project
- My role was to take an approved concept and bring it to production
as fast as possible;
- This included resolution of technical issues, CAD team management,
production specifications, supplier sourcing and production
- Develop a number of concepts for realising the mechanical
functionality, user interaction and styling. - I then led a
number of interim review meetings, both internal and with the
client to present the progress.
- Once a favoured route was selected for progressing, I coordinated
the engineering team, materials - the precise finish of the
silver is central to Nurofen’s brand identity - and liaised
with the tool-makers, moulders and the Nurofen team to ensure
the product’s smooth transition to market.
- I particularly enjoyed the challenge of incorporating the
technical and user challenges with the dominant Nurofen brand
- The product is on the market now, and has sold so well that
Nurofen extended its initial one-year availability indefinitely.
- BHI initiated three more development programs with us on the
back of the success of this project.
- The mobile pack has also won several packaging awards.